What is the product?
- A bitumen emulsion according to PTV 856 is a mixture of droplets of (polymer) bitumen in soapy water. This soapy water contains an emulsifier, amines, acids, …
- Flux bitumen according to PTV 857 is a mixture in which (polymer) bitumen is mixed with an oil.
- Bitumen emulsions can be used depending on their composition as:
- adhesive layer emulsion
- emulsion for coatings
- emulsion for slurry seals
- Flux bitumen is used for coatings.
What does Copro do?
- An inspection of the production unit four to eight times a year, depending on the production quantities. Random sampling at the production unit. Monitoring internal tests of these samples and performing control tests in accredited external laboratories.
- Verification of the results obtained by the producer within the framework of internal FPC.
- Inspection of the laboratory used by the producer for FPC.
How do you recognize a certified product?
- The COPRO mark is present on the delivery note accompanying the delivery of bitumen emulsion or flux bitumen.
- The 8-digit quick code on the delivery note, based on which the product sheet can be found on the COPRO Extranet (extranet.copro.eu)
What are the benefits of the certified product?
- Confidence in the quality of the product and its compliance with Standard Specifications 250 (Flanders), Qualiroutes (Wallonia) and TB 2015 (Brussels).
- The technical datasheet of the delivered product can be consulted immediately at extranet.copro.eu.
- COPRO regularly verifies that the delivered product corresponds to PTV 856 or PTV 857.
- COPRO ensures that the products’ properties are continuously monitored by the producer.
- NBN EN 13808 Bitumen en bitumineuze bindmiddelen - Raamwerk voor de specificatie van kationische bitumenemulsies
- NBN EN 15322 Bitumen en bitumineuze bindmiddelen - Raamwerk voor de specificatie van Vloeibitumen
- TRA 56 Toepassingsreglement voor bitumenemulsies en vloeibitumen gebruikt in de wegenbouw