Road marking materials - Basic materials
What is the product?
The basic materials for road markings are road paints, cold plastics, thermoplastics and preformed road markings.
- The basic materials for road markings are usually used in combination with drop on materials, glass beads and antiskid aggregates, to form a road marking assembly.
- The road markers use these assemblies to realize the permanent and temporary road markings that are essential for road safety.
What does Copro do?
- COPRO handles the type testing of the products, which consists of:
- type testing of the specified physical properties via laboratory tests;
- type testing of the initial performance of the product and of the durability of the product, tested on a road trial;
- determination of the material's “fingerprint”, on the basis of a number of identification tests.
- Inspection of the production unit at least twice a year with external performance of identification tests, to demonstrate that the “fingerprint” is identical and that the type test remains representative of the sampled products.
- Verification of the results of the self-monitoring tests carried out by the producer.
- Inspection of the producer's laboratory.
How do you recognize a certified product?
The package is labelled with
- the logo of the BENOR quality mark.
- the 8-digit code of the technical datasheet, based on which the datasheet can be found on the COPRO Extranet (extranet.copro.eu)
What are the benefits of the certified product?
- Confidence in the fitness for use and the quality of the product.
- The technical datasheet of the delivered product can be consulted immediately at extranet.copro.eu.
- COPRO regularly checks whether the delivered product corresponds to the technical datasheet.
- COPRO verifies that the products' properties are continuously monitored by the producer.
- This allows the client to spend more time on other tasks (installation, a posteriori checks, …).