Bitumen for road construction
Quel est le produit?
Road construction bitumen is very viscous or near-solid at ambient temperatures. The product is obtained by refining crude oil, thus separating it from other fractions such as LPG, petrol, kerosene… It is deposited as a residue in the distillation column.
Applications du produit
Bitumen for road construction is used as a binder for asphalt mixtures. It is also a component of several other binders: polymer modified bitumen, bitumen emulsions and flux bitumen.
Que fait COPRO?
- 2 to 4 inspections of the production unit, depending on the production quantities.
- Random sampling at the production unit and at the recipients. Monitoring internal tests of these samples and performing control tests in accredited external laboratories.
- Verification of the results obtained by the producer within the framework of internal FPC.
- Inspection of the laboratory used by the producer for FPC.
Comment Reconnaître un produit certifié?
- The COPRO mark is present on the delivery note accompanying the delivery of bitumen for road construction.
- The 8-digit quick code on the delivery note, based on which the product sheet can be found on the COPRO Extranet (extranet.copro.eu)
Quels sont les avantages du produit certifié?
- Confidence in the quality of the product and its compliance with Standard Specifications 250 (Flanders), Qualiroutes (Wallonia) and TB 2015 (Brussels).
- The technical datasheet of the delivered product can be consulted immediately at extranet.copro.eu.
- COPRO regularly verifies that the delivered product corresponds to PTV 854.
- COPRO ensures that the products’ properties are continuously monitored by the producer.
- NBN EN 12591 Bitumen en bitumineuze bindmiddelen - Eisen voor wegenbitumen
- NBN EN 13924 Bitumen en bitumineuze bindmiddelen - Specificaties voor hard penetratiebitumen
- TRA 54: Toepassingsreglement voor bitumen voor de wegenbouw