What is the product?
Elastomer sealing rings are made of vulcanised rubber. The rings ensure that the seal between two connected parts is watertight within the scope of application.
- Elastomer sealing rings can be used in pipe joints made of (reinforced) concrete, cast iron, vitrified clay, plastic,… intended for the transport of water, whether or not drinkable, at different temperatures or for the discharge of waste or sewage water.
- Elastomer sealing rings are also used as support rings for cast iron tops.
What does Copro do?
- Random sampling at the production unit. The sampled sealing rings are tested by an externally accredited laboratory. COPRO verifies the conformity of the properties with the technical prescriptions.
- Attendance of tests on the sealing rings carried out by the producer and the corresponding evaluation of conformity to the technical prescriptions.
- Check of producer’s internal control results.
- Inspection of the raw materials used.
- Inspection of the laboratory used in producer’s factory production control.
How do you recognize a certified product?
- Visible BENOR logo on the product packaging with reference to the applicable technical prescription and the 8-digit technical datasheet code.
- Reference on the product delivery document to the code of the technical datasheet (available at extranet.copro.eu).
What are the benefits of the certified product?
- COPRO verifies that the properties of the products are continually assessed by the producer and checked against the product standards.
- Before the producer puts a product into production, it is subjected by the producer to an extensive series of tests. COPRO verifies the conformity of the tests within the framework of the preliminary study.
The technical datasheet of the delivered product can be consulted immediately at extranet.copro.eu.
In case of questions, a COPRO representative is always available to clarify matters.