What is the product?
A safety barrier of in situ concrete is a concrete element poured on site, situated along the road or mainly in the central reservation with the aim of guiding an errant vehicle in the safest possible way.
On-site pouring is done by means of a slipform machine that compacts the ready-mixed concrete and converts it into a finished product by means of an appropriate mould.
In the past the ‘Jersey’ profile was often used, nowadays it is the ‘Step Barrier’ profile.
- In situ concrete safety barriers are constructed along the road or often in the central reservation.
- They provide retaining capacity depending on the type of vehicle to be retained. This ranges from a light passenger vehicle to a 38-tonne truck.
What does Copro do?
- Checks whether the necessary crash tests have been carried out in accordance with PTV 869.
- Random sample-based inspections on site to monitor whether a concrete mixture is delivered in accordance with PTV 850.
- Random sample-based inspections at the site to check whether the correct reinforcement strands are being used.
- Random sample-based inspections at the certificate holder’s site to monitor the traceability of the reinforcement strands.
How do you recognize a certified product?
A durable identification label is affixed to the product by the installer after installation, stating the BENOR mark and the 8-digit quick code. Using this code, the product sheet can be found on extranet.copro.eu.
What are the benefits of the certified product?
- Type testing of the products conforms to European test standards and PTV 869.
- The shock index of a certified product is always at least ASI B.
- A check is done to determine whether a concrete mixture is being supplied in accordance with PTV 850.
- A check is done to determine whether the correct reinforcement strands are being used.
- The traceability of the reinforcement strands used is monitored. Traceability is guaranteed by the product’s certificate holder.
All technical datasheets are immediately available online at extranet.copro.eu.
In the case of questions, a COPRO representative is always available to clarify matters.
Sectoral Commission / Advisory Board
President: Erik De Bisschop (AWV)
Secretary: Kim Vandenhoecke (COPRO)
Members: Claudia Cofano (CRM Group), Philippe Braine (SPW), Jelle Machiels (AWV), David De Saedeleer (Desami), John Kreps (Signeq), Kris Redant (OCW), Joseph Marra (GDTech), Herman Odijk (Saferoad Holland), Wouter De Preter (Omnibeton), Mathieu Van Eycken (Van Eycken), Nathasha en Peter Siemes (Siemes)