What is the product?
Polymer modified bitumen is bitumen (see bitumen for road construction product sheet) whose physical properties are changed by adding new polymers with the aim of improving one or more properties such as skid resistance, rheological characteristics, behaviour after ageing, etc, …
Polymer modified bitumen is used as a binder for asphalt mixtures. It is mainly used in discontinuous top layers. The use of polymer modified bitumen contributes to making the asphalt mixture less sensitive to fraying (= aggregates coming loose from the asphalt pavement) and rutting.
What does Copro do?
- An inspection of the production unit four to eight times a year, depending on the production quantities.
- Random sampling at the production unit. Monitoring internal tests of these samples and performing control tests in accredited external laboratories.
- Verification of the results obtained by the producer within the framework of internal FPC.
- Inspection of the laboratory used by the producer for FPC.
How do you recognize a certified product?
- The COPRO mark is present on the delivery note accompanying the delivery of the polymer modified bitumen.
- The 8-digit quick code on the delivery note, based on which the product sheet can be found on the COPRO Extranet (extranet.copro.eu)
What are the benefits of the certified product?
- Confidence in the quality of the product and its compliance with Standard Specifications 250 (Flanders), Qualiroutes (Wallonia) and TB 2015 (Brussels).
- The technical datasheet of the delivered product can be consulted immediately at extranet.copro.eu.
- COPRO regularly verifies that the delivered product corresponds to PTV 855.
- COPRO ensures that the products’ properties are continuously monitored by the producer.
- Technical documents: NBN EN 14023 Bitumen en bitumineuze bindmiddelen - Raamwerk van voorschriften voor met polymeren gemodificeerd bitumen
- Certificaton documents: TRA 55 Toepassingsreglement voor polymeergemodificeerde bitumen voor de wegenbouw