Steel safety barriers
What is the product?
A safety barrier is a construction consisting of several steel components installed along the road or in the central reservation with the aim of guiding an errant vehicle in the safest possible way.
On site, the various steel components are assembled with the aid of bolts to create a solid, continuous whole.
- Steel safety barriers are installed along the road and in curves to shield obstacles.
- They can be installed in different types of ground and on structures.
- They can be set up temporarily or permanently. Temporary installations are mainly used in the case of road works.
- They provide retaining capacity depending on the type of vehicle to be retained: from light passenger vehicles to 38-tonne trucks.
- They can be equipped with motorcycle restraint systems to protect riders from impact with the vertical posts in the event of a fall.
- They can be easily connected to other restraint systems such as terminals and crash cushions.
What does Copro do?
- Checks whether the necessary crash tests have been carried out in accordance with PTV 869.
- Monitoring the traceability of the product to the production unit.
- Random sample-based inspections at the construction site, including verification of the durability, geometry and assembly of the system.
- Random sampling of the installer’s stock.
How do you recognize a certified product?
A durable identification label is affixed to the product by the installer after installation, stating the BENOR mark and the 8-digit quick code. Using this code, the product sheet can be found on extranet.copro.eu.
What are the benefits of the certified product?
- Type testing of the products conforms to European test standards and PTV 869.
- The geometry of the components is randomly checked on site.
- The durability of the product is checked.
- The assembly of the product is randomly inspected on site.
- The traceability of the components used is monitored. Traceability is guaranteed by the producer.
- The transition from the product to other restraint systems is verified.
All technical datasheets are immediately available online at extranet.copro.eu.
In the case of questions, a COPRO representative is always available to clarify matters.
President : Erik De Bisschop (AWV)
Secretary : Kim Vandenhoeke (COPRO)
Members : Claudia Cofano (CRM Group), Philippe Braine (SPW), Jelle Machiels (AWV), David De Saedeleer (Desami), John Kreps (Signeq), Kris Redant (OCW), Joseph Marra (GDTech), Herman Odijk (Saferoad Holland), Wouter De Preter (Omnibeton), Mathieu Van Eycken (Van Eycken), Nathasha en Peter Siemes (Siemes)