Synthetic liners for manholes and inspection chambers
What is the product?
The synthetic liners for manholes and inspection chambers is plastic cladding according to PTV 8450 for access and connection chambers.
The liner parts are preformed and directly mixed in and anchored during the production of the concrete element.
Synthetic liners according to PTV 8450 can be constructed from polyurethane (PU), polypropylene (PP), glass fibre reinforced polyester (GFRP) or hard polystyrene (PS).
The cladding provides additional protection for the concrete element against aggressive environments.
- Cladding of inspection chambers and shaft elements
- Cladding of cover and reduction plates
- Cladding of cone elements
- Cladding of shims
What does Copro do?
- Inspection + certification of the basic product at the producer: Visit to the producer site with inspection/review of internal results + attending tests + sampling for paired tests.
- Inspection of the processed product:
- Waterproof test
- Tensile test of the cladding at the recommended product test age
- Tensile test of the cladding after 1 year (on the same element tested at the recommended product test age).
How do you recognize a certified product?
The following information must be present on the product according to PTV 8450:
- Producer data
- Indication of the material used (PU, PP, GFRP or PS)
- Reference to PTV 8450
- Relevant dimensions
What are the benefits of the certified product?
Preformed synthetic liners have significant advantages over cladding that must be applied afterwards:
- The application/installation of the cladding is much easier and less labour-intensive compared to cladding that is applied afterwards.
- The preformed and produced liner parts guarantee a consistent thickness of the cladding as well as a beautiful and smooth finish.
- Preforming guarantees the proper functioning of the flow profile.
- Bond strength of the preformed and produced liner parts is guaranteed by the anchors (dovetails or bridges) on the cladding and is tested after installation at the recommended product test age + after 1 year.
- PTV 8450-1: Technical prescriptions for prefabricated synthetic liners for manholes and inspection chambers: Product requirements
- PTV 8450-2 : Technical prescriptions for prefabricated synthetic liners for manholes and inspection chambers: System requirements
TRA 450 (1.0): Application regulations for the product certification of prefabricated synthetic liners for manholes and inspection chambers under the COPRO mark
President: William Martens (Farys)
Vice president: Anja Dewilde (BECETEL)
Secretary: Gaëtan Pluym (COPRO)
Members: Paul Bauweraerts (PROBETON), Pieter Corry (PREDL), Yannick Lemaire (WEBECO), Alex Loens (FLUVIUS), Francis Poelmans (OCW), Marc Scheppermans (AQUAFIN), Dirk Stove (VLARIO), René Van Veldhoven (STEINZEUG-KERAMO), Joost Verhelst (BCCA)