What is the product?
Synthetic pigmentable binders are non-bituminous binders to which pigments can be added, making it possible for the asphalt to be applied in different colours.
Asphalt pavement with synthetic pigmentable binder has multiple applications, including:
- safety (e.g. better visibility at intersections)
- aesthetic aspect
- integration of the asphalt colour into the surroundings
- lower road surface temperature thanks to lighter colour (greater reflection of sunlight)
- decreased power consumption in tunnels, for example, due to the brighter colour of the asphalt
What does Copro do?
- Inspection at the production unit twice a year.
- Random sampling at the production unit. Monitoring internal tests of these samples and performing control tests in accredited external laboratories.
- Verification of the results obtained by the producer within the framework of internal FPC.
- Inspection of the laboratory used by the producer for FPC.
How do you recognize a certified product?
- The COPRO mark is present on the delivery note accompanying the delivery of the synthetic pigmentable binder.
- The 8-digit quick code on the delivery note, based on which the product sheet can be found on the COPRO Extranet (extranet.copro.eu)
What are the benefits of the certified product?
- Confidence in the quality of the product and its compliance with Standard Specifications 250 (Flanders), Qualiroutes (Wallonia) and TB 2015 (Brussels).
- The technical datasheet of the delivered product can be consulted immediately at extranet.copro.eu.
- COPRO regularly verifies that the delivered product corresponds to PTV 858.
- COPRO ensures that the products’ properties are continuously monitored by the producer.