What is the product?
Gabions are baskets made of netting with a hexagonal mesh of steel wire with a zinc-aluminium coating and possibly plastic coating, formed by a cage (front, back, base and cover), sides and any partitions.
Gabions are mainly used in civil engineering for retaining walls, dikes, protecting embankments, shore protection, sound-damping constructions, cladding of concrete walls, sheet piling, …
What does Copro do?
- 4 to 8 inspections per year at the distributor and/or production unit
- Sampling and monitoring of control tests
- Review of the production process and production control
- Follow-up of complaints
How do you recognize a certified product?
- Per package of a maximum of fifty gabions: Label with reference to COPRO certification and to PTV 868-1 or PTV 868-2 (gabions with polymer coating). Each package is sealed with a stamp issued by COPRO.
- 8-digit quick code on the delivery note, based on which the product sheet can be found on the COPRO Extranet (extranet.copro.eu).
What are the benefits of the certified product?
- Confidence in the quality of the product and its compliance with Standard Specifications 250 (Flanders), Qualiroutes (Wallonia) and TB 2015 (Brussels).
- COPRO has regularly checked whether the product delivered meets the requirements PTV 868-1 or PTV 868-2 (with polymer coating).
- The client can spend more time on other tasks (installation, a posteriori checks, transport inspections, etc, …).