What is the product?
Since 2018, sorting centres that deposit rubble at a crushing plant for processing into recycled aggregates are required by VLAREMA and the Unitary Regulation to have a certified quality assurance system for the rubble. Without a certified quality assurance system, a sorting centre may no longer transport rubble to a crushing plant. The provisions of this quality assurance system are contained in Annex 3 of Unitary Regulation for recycled aggregates issued by the Public Waste Agency of Flanders (OVAM). By complying with TRA S 10, the sorting centre meets the obligations of VLAREMA and may deposit its sorting sieve rubble as rubble with a low environmental risk profile (LMRP) at the crushing plant.
The quality assurance system for rubble from sorting centres entails a number obligations, such as:
- sorting out all hazardous waste, materials suspected of containing asbestos, and non-stony materials from the sorting sieve rubble;
- filtering out the fraction smaller than 20 mm (sorting sieve sand) from the sorting sieve rubble;
- performing an internal factory production control on the sorting sieve rubble;
- legally landfilling the sorting sieve sand in accordance with the Unitary Regulation or transporting it to an approved processor.
At the crushing plant, this results in the production of recycled aggregates that comply with Flemish and European environmental and construction legislation.
What does Copro do?
- Performs a specified number of inspections at the sorting centres.
- Attends tests of sorting sieve rubble at specified intervals.
- Supervises the supply and removal.
- Checks the internal factory production control.
How do you recognize a certified product?
How do you recognise a certified sorting centre?
- An original delivery note from the crushing plant is the only guarantee that the sorting sieve rubble delivered has been produced in accordance with the regulations. The delivery note must refer to the relevant certificate.
- The affiliated sorting centres are listed on our website.
What are the benefits of the certified product?
Certification ensures that the sorting screen debris has been produced in accordance with the provisions of the regulations.
- TRA S 10 (version 1.0 d.d. 2018-07-13): Application regulation for certification of sorting sieve rubble from sorting centres in accordance with VLAREMA