What is the product?
Cold asphalt is a mixture of stones, sand, filler and possibly additives with an emulsion, flux bitumen or synthetic binder. Due to this binder, the asphalt can be processed cold.
It is available in bags or buckets, but also in bulk.
Temporary repairs of asphalt pavements. There are 2 types:
- Class A: suitable for all roads.
- Class B: not suitable for heavily loaded roads.
What does Copro do?
- Each new product that is put on the market is first fully tested under the supervision of COPRO.
- Afterwards, these tests take place twice a year by an externally accredited laboratory under supervision.
- Verification of the daily tests carried out by the producer.
How do you recognize a certified product?
- Indication of PTV 861, the class (A or B), COPRO and the code of the technical datasheet.
- The technical datasheet is available at extranet.copro.eu.
- This indication is done on the packaging or – in the case of bulk delivery – on the delivery note.
What are the benefits of the certified product?
- You are sure of a quality, durable product thanks to the comprehensive series of tests made on each new type of cold asphalt. The shelf life is also guaranteed by the certification.
- The composition is checked daily by the producer. The durability is regularly checked on the basis of a series of tests. COPRO monitors this.
- Supervision of the raw materials used. No harmful substances such as tar may be used.
- Supervision of the production process and the formula. This keeps the properties of the cold asphalt constant.
Note: the manner in which this product is applied has a significant influence on the quality of the repair. Which is why it is important to follow the instructions of the supplier stated on the packaging.