What is the product?
Synthetic grass/gravel tiles are grates made from recycled polyethylene (PE) produced during an injection moulding process. They contain openings that are filled with earth and sown with grass or filled with gravel. They are connected to each other while laying and sometimes contain protrusions for anchoring in the soil. Often the term 'grass pavers' is used’.
Construction of water-permeable pavements (car parks, roadsides, driveways, footpaths and cycle paths) and reinforcement of grass mats. The use class (A, B or C) indicates which traffic load is possible:
- Class A: zones for intensive and occasional heavy traffic.
- Class B: zones for less intensive and light traffic.
- Class C: pedestrian and cyclist zones.
What does Copro do?
Each new product type that is placed on the market is first fully tested by an externally accredited laboratory under the supervision of COPRO. Afterwards these tests take place at least 3 times a year on the different types. COPRO verifies the tests carried out by the producer.
How do you recognize a certified product?
- The packaging contains among others reference to the COPRO mark, PTV 828, the use class and the producer's unique identification number.
- The product indicates the name, producer and production date.
- The number of the technical datasheet is indicated on the delivery note.
- Technical datasheets are available at extranet.copro.eu.
What are the benefits of the certified product?
- You are sure of a quality product thanks to the comprehensive series of tests made on each new type of synthetic grass/gravel tile.
- The dimensions (height, length and width) and weight are checked by the producer per type of tile on a daily basis. These must comply with strict tolerance requirements laid down in PTV 828. COPRO also monitors this. Low tolerances on dimensions and weight prevent problems during laying of the product.
- The technical datasheets indicate the useful (after being laid) as well as the maximum length and width. This allows the installer to easily calculate the number of tiles required.
- PTV 828 contains an informative annex about the construction of the pavement and the filling, but the instructions of the supplier must always be followed.