What is the product?
This is an energy-absorbing road restraint system, installed on a safety barrier, with the aim of reducing the severity of a collision with a passenger vehicle.
- Terminals protect the start of a safety barrier and therefore reduce a possible frontal or lateral impact.
- The strongest products - intended for motorways - have been tested at an impact speed of 110 km/h.
What does Copro do?
- Checks whether all necessary crash tests have been carried out in accordance with PTV 869.
- Traceability of the product to the production unit.
- Sample-based inspections at the construction site, including verification of the durability, geometry and assembly of the components.
How do you recognize a certified product?
A durable identification label is affixed to the product by the installer after installation, stating the BENOR mark and the 8-digit quick code. The product sheet can be looked up on the extranet.copro.eu using this code.
What are the benefits of the certified product?
- Type testing of the products conforms to European test standards and PTV 869.
- The products are randomly inspected at the construction site.
- The attachment of the product to the safety barrier is verified.
- The durability of the product is checked.
- Inspection of the parts used. Traceability is guaranteed by the producer.
- Inspection of the assembly of the products in the production unit.
President : Erik De Bisschop (AWV)
Secretary : Kim Vandenhoeke (COPRO)
Members : Claudia Cofano (CRM Group), Philippe Braine (SPW), Jelle Machiels (AWV), David De Saedeleer (Desami), John Kreps (Signeq), Kris Redant (OCW), Joseph Marra (GDTech), Herman Odijk (Saferoad Holland), Wouter De Preter (Omnibeton), Mathieu Van Eycken (Van Eycken), Nathasha en Peter Siemes (Siemes)